Monday, December 15, 2008
Water World
OK...not so much....just a watered down bathroom, living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry room and garage. So, if you haven't guessed, we had a water leak today. Joe was trying his best to improve our home and it ended in a very wet disaster. In our downstairs bathroom Joe was trying to strengthen the towel rack which was very wobbly. He was drilling into the wall not realizing he had drilled into a water pipe attached to the hot water heater. :( Needless to say when he started to realize water was coming from the hole he drilled he knew something was wrong. All it took was one little shake and.....POW...the water came streaming from the hole with so much pressure it put a hole in the wall across the bathroom!! Joe ran around crazy for a second and then realized he needed to get the water cut off. He ran outside and cut off all water flow into the house. When he came back in water was EVERYWHERE. So much in fact we were forced to call for help. I was at work during this episode of course, so Joe was on his own. We called in Stanley Steemer to extract the water. Due to all the water there was alot of moisture on the walls. So, as a result 10 industrial strength fans will blow non stop for the next 3 days to get the moisture out of the wall. We had to call in a plumber to fix the pipe. Tomorrow a man will come in to fix the sheet rock in the bathroom. So far our tab is 1636.94 not including the sheet rock man. As you can see....Our idea of indoor pool was not what we expected. :( To all of your home owners...remember before installing a towel rack, be familiar with what is on the other side of the wall. To those of you who are in an apartment...can I move in?? I miss the free maintenance! So, needless to say we have had an eventful day. Surprisingly, Joe and I have handled this with smiles on our faces. I guess after everything else that has happened to us these last few months we have bonded together and realized we can make it through anything. Our bank account on the other hand.....not so much. :) Here are some pictures of our lovely mess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
Oh Heidi, I'm so sorry you have to end the year this way! I hope your home insurance will cover some of this.
OH NO!
ugh THAT sucks!
It's good you still have a smile on your face, cause when crap like that happens that's what you gotta do, jsut move forward, don't dwell on it, just take the punches and move on down the bumpy road of life.
Me & Heather have had and still are having our fair share of drama! I feel bad for ya'll though, let us know if we can help in anyway.
Post a Comment