Monday, April 20, 2009
Mommyzilla
If that can even be understood. Tonight I was a mean mommy. We have put our house on the market which means the house has to be clean constantly. Naturally with 2 girls running around this is an ALL DAY task. While I was running an errand Joe was watching the girls and allowed them to play with chalk outside. Any of you mothers KNOW where this is going. Later tonight I gave the girls a bath and walked into their room to put them in bed. Now, lets back track a minute. A week ago we put in brand new carpet up the stairs, in the game room and in the girls bedroom. By now I'm sure all of you mothers know EXACTLY where I'm going with this. Yep, Chalk was on the brand new carpet in their room. Now, one would think that chalk should "come right up with some carpet cleaner." Well, it would if it were white...but this is BRIGHT BLUE! It was on two different spots. I immediately went to get the carpet cleaner and begin cleaning it up. All the while I was telling the girls "I cant believe you did this!!! What is wrong with you guys??? Why cant you listen and not make a mess??" Now I know these are mean things to say to any child of their ages. But it was in the heat of the moment and I couldn't get past the idea of blue chalk being on the BRAND NEW carpet. Then as the mess was up and only the SLIGHTEST mark on the carpet (that can only be seen if you are searching incredibly hard for it) was showing...I looked at my girls faces. They looked as if all their toys had been thrown in the trash. It was such a sad moment. I told them "Girls, the carpet is okay. I'm sorry I said mean things and made you sad. I just need you to be more careful and keep all messes downstairs or outside." They cheered up at the idea of me not being mad anymore. Parenting is such a rough phase of life, but its one I cant live without. I know I will say mean things again in the future. I just hope its in the VERY FAR FUTURE. I don't want to see sad little faces again. But, I'm glad my girls know they are loved and that mistakes don't change how I feel about them. My prayer is that we sell this house fast before anything else happens!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Aww I know how you feel I have done that before and it kills me after I have said hurtful things. In the end I say sorry really fast and we all give big hugs.
:)
Post a Comment