Sunday, May 3, 2009

Josephs 1st Birthday

What a special day! There were no tears, no reflections of the past and no bad memories. It was just a fun filled day with nothing but smiles. Joseph loved all the attention and giggled all day long. Hearing his laughter and seeing his big smile really puts into perspective how sweet he really is. Though the last year has not been easy for him you would never know it from his demeanor. He had fun playing in his cake even though it took him a minute to actually get started. I loved seeing him react to touching the cake and learning a new texture. He even covered me in it! He also loved playing with wrapping paper. He didnt quite open his gifts but he ripped the paper several times. He had a Truck/Construction theme for his party. The decorations turned out really cute. His cake was a big hit too! I am so grateful for my beautiful 1 year old son. He teaches me so much more than I teach him. What a true blessing he is and our real life angel on earth! Here are some pictures from his party. I should have the video soon.

PS- We discovered his 1st tooth on his birthday too! Woo hoo!










2 comments:

Heather Guymon said...

I absolutely love that cake lol! It's so weird to go from Barbie, Princess, GIRL mode to trucks and cars mode huh? Guess I should get use to it though!!!

Look at how big Joseph is. I can't get over how quickly this first year flew by. Tell him I said to slow down!

Terri said...

Happy Birthday little man!