OK, so lets update with the housing situation. So far we have completed the inspection and what the buyers want fixed/repaired. LUCKILY...they only wanted 2 things. Joe and I refuse to pay much more due to the fact we will already be taking a small loss on the home. They asked that we have the AC Unit cleaned and serviced by a licensed company and to repair a window in the shape of a hexagon on the 2nd story of the house. Now...the AC unit request is easy and we agreed to. The window....absolutely not! They said something about the glass being cracked or scratched. The window is high above the front door and is completely blocked off from the inside of the house. There is no way to access it. Therefore...the glass is perfectly intact with no cracks or scratches. Now, there is some fiberglass behind the window that you can see. The whole time we have lived here..we knew it was there..but it never bothered us. So we told them we would not be fixing or even messing with that window. They agreed to drop that request and stick with only the AC. Thank you buyers for understanding...and if you don't like the fiberglass showing through that window...you are more than welcome to fix it after closing. :)
We have the AC specialist coming out today. We had this same thing done with the previous buyers so I am not worried. We will get a receipt from the company and then forward it along to the other agent to show completion of their requests. The last and final thing on the agenda is the appraisal. This somewhat worries me with today's market. I am hoping and praying the house will appraise for the sale price. If not...that's a whole new ball game of negotiations...or the house will not sell. IF the house does appraise...we will be able to close on the 30th and begin the construction of our new home! I hate to get my hopes up because of my worry that something will go wrong...but I keep telling myself..no matter what the end result is...everything happens for a reason. ( I just hope it happens the way I want it to.)
More to come.....
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment