Friday, July 23, 2010

Mom's cant get sick....

Lately I feel like my body is falling apart. We had such a nice trip to VA and then we all came back sick. I had to go to the doctor for a very bad cough and chest congestion. While I was there she decided to take some blood to test for a few other things. Turns out...I have an issue with my thyroid.

What is a Thyroid??? I remember hearing the term at some point in my life but never though it would ever apply to me. I have an appointment tomorrow too. To go over the results of the test. I really hope this is something that can be treated quickly and painlessly. I don't take to well to doctor offices or bad news.

My doctor is really sweet though. She could see my concern and decided to call me the same night to make sure I was doing okay. At my appointment earlier that day I had a fast heart rate which concerned her. I have never had so many issues all at once. She decided to do an EKG just to make sure there wasn't anything abnormal. It turned out okay..but she wants to see a slower heart rate for someone my age.

I guess I now have a slight glimpse of what Joseph goes through daily. I never really thought about it before. Here I am complaining a little about going to a few appointments, when he does this on a regular basis. He never seems to mind either. Unless of course there are needles involved. But who could blame him for that??

I just want this all to pass quickly so I can get on with my life. I don't have time to be sick or spend so much of the day on me. I have a household to run, Kids to feed, and stories to read. There is no time for a mom to get sick. Especially when it is so foreign and I don't know how to fix it on my own. I am officially worried about me.

Prayers are always appreciated. I have such wonderful friends and family. I know I am thought of often, and that makes me smile. Your support and strength REALLY do make a difference. I will update again when I know more.

3 comments:

Terri said...

You know you have our prayers anytime you need them. I love you Heidi!

Heidi's Blog said...

Thank you Terri. I know I can always count on you.

Damara said...

Hope everything goes well with your doctor's appointment and that you're feeling better soon.