Sunday, October 3, 2010
"The Devine gift of Gratitude"
So the past 2 days we have had the pleasure of enjoying General Conference. It is something to be excited about considering it only comes twice a year. We are sooooo blessed to have church leaders who care enough to set aside this time to speak to us. The topics are always spot on to the things we need and want to hear. I always enjoy the talks, but look forward to the prophets words.
I was able to listen to President Monson speak about gratitude today. The tenderness in his voice was so comforting and peaceful. He described it so perfectly several times throughout his talk. Honestly, whether you are a member or not, you can benefit from this.
"Let us not wait, until it's to late to express that gratitude"
"Often we feel grateful, and intend to express our thanks, but forget to do so or just don't get around to it. Someone has said that feeling gratitude is not expressing...its like wrapping a present and not giving it"
Just some of the many quotes from his talk, but a couple of my favorites. You can see the majority of his talk here.
I tried to have my girls sit with my downstairs as I watched the first Sunday session. Naturally it could not keep their attention so they began to color. Hailey decided to draw each speaker and write their name below it. I wanted them to at least see the Prophet and hear his voice. It was good for them to see something other than just a picture.
I have replayed has talk several times today just to hear bits and pieces. I hope to live his words and not just enjoy them. I hope to teach them to my children. Not just in lessons, but by example. Gratitude is such a big part of life. We each have so much to be thankful for. As the fall season sets in, and the holidays approach us, I hope we all remember to express our gratitude.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment