So, we had our sonogram a little over a week ago. Naturally I was very excited and anxious to see my little one on screen. My doctor started moving around the little wand, going from angle to angle and then he asked "Do you want to know the sex?" Now I have had mixed feelings about this from the beginning. With this baby to be our last, I had been pushing to wait until the very end. Joe on the other hand did not share the same thoughts.
Deciding that its still a surprise at 20 weeks, we told him "yes". He again moved his wand around to get in place to view the baby's goodies.....AND......My little prince or princess had its legs closed so tightly the doctor could not see anything. :) So he said "We will come back and check again after I get some measurements." We were able to see a perfect heart with 4 chambers, a perfect spine, a perfect little head.....everything looked perfect. Just what mommy needed to hear.
It was almost comical to see Joe beside my bed completely on pins and needles. Of course he wants a healthy baby as much as I do, but this appointment was not for health in his eyes....this was the moment of truth! haha. So after a few minutes the doctor circled back around to try his search again for some goodies. This time the baby's legs were not closed tight....but crossed so perfectly in exactly the right position. **Big Smile** Joe literally could have tripped on his own jaw. In a last ditch effort Joe and the doctor decided to give my belly a shake to see if it would cause a position change....but no. My little guy or girl held its ground!
At this point, unless there is another need for a sonogram before birth....we would be waiting until the very end. How many of your think that Joe is perfectly okay with that?? If you guessed No, you are correct. My intent is around 28-30 weeks to do one of those amazing 3D sonograms. I was just looking forward to some face shots, but I think that appointment will take the same turn as this one did for Joe and he will yet again be on a mission. So, for the time being we still don't know the sex of the baby. :) I will update again about the sex after the 3D appointment. Until then, here are a few pictures from the appointment.
Face Shot
Profile Shot
Feet above head
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment