Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Sweet Hailey

My oldest daughter Hailey touched my heart and I wanted to share it. I came home from work yesterday feeling pretty bad. I have had a terrible cold and chest congestion. Joe was working so it was difficult to be sick and to manage dinner and bed time. I was sitting on the couch trying to gather the strength to put the girls to bed. My frustration got the better of me and I began to cry. Hailey heard the pouting and came over to check on me. She saw the tears and said "Awww, Mommy whats the matter? Are you sick?" I replied to her with "Yes sweetie, I am sick. But I am okay, im just not feeling well." She then said "Well, I know what you need Mommy, you need to take a little bit of medicine and take a little bit of rest. " I smiled. I then told her "You are very right Hailey, I do need some medicine and rest. Why dont we all go upstairs and go to bed." She said " Okay, we can all go up together." So we did. Then this morning when I woke her up for school the first thing she said was "Mommy, you look better...did you get some rest?" I said "Yep, I did. I feel much better. You helped me get better with your good ideas." She smiled and started getting ready for the day. She has grown up so much. I cant believe she is headed toward 6 years old. I can think back on the moment I saw her for the first time. She was gorgeous. I can remember feeling so blessed to have my first little girl. She is such a strong spirit. She has the biggest heart in the world and is so full of love. I can say with out a doubt she is going to have such an impact on this world. I love you Hailey Boo.

3 comments:

Heather said...

How sweet. I love the concern that our kids have for us, and then how they want to help make everything right when nothing seems to go right. Glad that you got some rest. Take is easy and feel well soon.

Heather Guymon said...

Awww that is the sweetest story ever! Hailey has the biggest heart of anyone I know. She is so sweet!!!

Terri said...

That is so sweet. It blows my mind that her and Makayla will be 6 before we know it.