Thursday, June 25, 2009

An Amazing Gift....

Today, something amazing happened. A few months ago a very good friend of mine told me she wanted to help with our situation. She knew that after Joseph was born, financially we have been in a struggle. Although she could not give me cash herself, she told me of a program Gold Canyon Candles has. She is a demonstrator for this company. They have a program called "Prayer Child Foundation". They give donations to families in need. My friend told me there was no guarantee but it was definitely worth a try. So, I sat down and had to re-live the painful moments of Josephs birth by writing them down in a letter to the foundation. I sent it in and waited, truthfully not expecting to hear anything back from them.

Then today, we received mail from them. There was a letter thanking us for sharing our story and they wanted to present Joseph with a donation. My mouth dropped when I saw a check for 700.00!!! This wonderful group of people felt touched by what I had written and wanted to help. Tears filled my eyes as I held the check and looked over at Joseph. These were people who had never met him, have never even seen him, and yet were willing to give such a generous gift to him. This truly touched me. I am in the process now of writing a thank you email back to them to include a picture of Joseph so they can at least see the sweet face of the little boy they have helped.

There is so much negative in the world today. But for today, for that moment, I felt very blessed and understood. Thank you doesn't seem to fully express my gratitude for what we have been given. For those of you who are not aware of the company it is called Gold Canyon Candle Company. I not only highly recommend this product because I am a customer myself, but encourage you to give back to a company that has blessed our lives. If you are in need of candle products, please consider this wonderful company.









5 comments:

Hallie said...

I love their products and will buy from them more often now! That is so great to know that they do such great things!!! Congrats!!!

Heidi's Blog said...

Thanks Hallie. I feel the same way. I think they have officially become my ONLY source for candles!

Heather said...

There are such good programs out there to help so many good people. Glad someone decided to help you. You are good People.

Heather Guymon said...

I just love it! Look at that sweet face!!!!

Marissa and Blaine said...

Heidi, that's great! How wonderful! I'm very happy for you!