Friday, November 6, 2009

On the MOVE again...??

So as shocking as this sounds....we actually have a CONTRACT on our house! "I thought it was not on the market" you say?? Exactly! It was not on the market however a couple was browsing the Century 21 website and saw our old listing. They contacted the realtor and were told the listing had expired and was not re listed. The couple asked them to contact us to see if we were still interested in selling. So, we agreed to let them view our home. To our surprise the next day they made an offer and we accepted. So now we have a closing date set for Nov 30th. This is great! Hopefully things will actually go through this time and we will be able to build our new home. The girls are excited to move in with my parents. I don't think my mom and dad realize how much the girls love to spend time with them. Even if its just to be in their house. We are praying the interest rates for homes continue to stay low enough for us to lock in a great rate and get our house! The Lord definitely works in mysterious ways. If all this works out..I will know his hand was in on it. And I guess if it doesn't, it is also his hand telling me there is another plan.

Strangely enough, Joe has approached me with the idea of having another baby. CRAZY RIGHT??? Joe never seems to want another baby..but even having Joseph was his idea in the beginning. I am not quite as on board as he is. I don't know if I am ready to go through another pregnancy and jump into the world of 4 children. I love all of my kids dearly but this last adventure has definitely taken its toll on my emotions. I fear the worst and wonder how hard it would be to hope for the best. Part of me on different days feels there is one more little spirit waiting to come to our family. I think of the movie Saturday's Warrior when Jimmy forgot about Emily and she was begging him from Heaven saying "Don't forget your promise." Did I promise another spirit I wouldn't forget? My fear of course is that we would have another baby with special needs. I feel it would be so unfair to the baby to bring him/her into the world with such a difficult life. Yet, I think of how special my little man is. How incredibly strong he is. He is nearly perfect in my eyes when you take away all the physical challenges. Who am I to prevent another special spirit from an earth life experience? And could I really imagine that baby...MY baby...going to any other family? Absolutely not! So that is where I started praying...

I told myself that my patriarchal blessing stated to not approach God asking "What should I do?" but rather make a decision and then pray about it. So that's what I did. After talking with Joe I told him I would pray about the decision to have another baby. In my prayer I told my Heavenly Father I would need him to provide a way. If I were to have another baby, we would need a larger home. We would need the means to care for Joseph in different house and still be able to accommodate another child. I told the Lord we would be willing to accept any child given to us healthy or no so healthy..but he would need to provide a way. This was on Fast Sunday...Monday evening we had the showing of our home and Tuesday afternoon we were under contact. Coincidence? Some would say so...I on the other had wonder if this is the Lords way of telling me...its time. So, we will see where this road takes us. I dont take these decisions lightly and have not fully convinced myself that "THIS IS THE SIGN". I will continue to pray personally and with Joe. Time will tell....

2 comments:

Heather said...

I have learned that my timing isn't always the Lord's timing and having children is a big dessission. I understand your concern with a special needs child. I am worried that if we had another one (Which Shawn does want) and it has some special need do I have what it takes to be the Mom all my kids need on all levels. My prayers are with you and Joe. What ever your answer is, the Lord will provide a way. This I know.

Heidi's Blog said...

I agree Heather. So far, he has not left us alone with the trials we have faced and I cant imagine him ever doing it. My timing never really seems to match the Lords...but in the end..his plan always seems to work out just a little better. :)