First, On Jan 28th Joseph had what we hope will be his last surgery for a VERY long time. When we had them remove his G-tube the hole in his belly never fully closed. They had to close it surgically. This was a 35 min surgery and a quick recovery. He only had to stay overnight in the hospital.
Second, OUR HOUSE HAS STILL NOT EVEN BEEN STARTED!!! This is so frustrating. We have been living here with my parents since Thanksgiving. We expected to move into the new house in early March. Here we are 1 month away from that time frame and still NOTHING. They say they are waiting on permits...PERMITS! Seriously people, the holidays are over...NO MORE EXCUSES FOR DRAGGING YOUR FEET! (Im not really yelling, just stressing the point.)
Third, my job at USAA is going very well. Despite the issues with the economy USAA did VERY VERY well financially. Why am I mentioning this??? Because when USAA does well...that means a NICE performance bonus for me! The board of directors awarded USAA employees an 18.8% bonus!! This means I get 18.8% of my base salary! In addition to that, later this month I will get my annual evaluation and get another pay increase. :) We are currently saving as much money as possible for the new house and trying to pay of any debt we accumulated last year. Sometimes it seems impossible...but its happening.
And finally, My Meggy Boo turns 5 this month. I cant believe she will be starting kindergarten in the fall. How on earth did 5 years go by already?? She was such a little ham when she was born and is quite the girly girl now. She loves dressing up, playing house, playing mommy and loves to have her finger nails painted. She is still just as cuddly now as she was when she was born. She is still adjusting to being a big sister but will help when asked. She loves to tell stories and dance to any type of music. We will probably celebrate her birthday at Chuck E Cheese. One of her favorites places to go. Look out world, Megan fling is on her way!!!
That about covers it. I will try not to let so much time go between posts. It's not that Im busy...like I said...Just lazy!







2 comments:
I am glad to see a post from you. I am glad things are going well. Happy Birthday Megan!!!!
I can't believe they haven't started on your house... what punks. CONGRATS on the bonus and future pay increase! That's awesome!
Post a Comment