Sunday, February 20, 2011

36 Weeks.......

We are here....the dreaded 36th week. Seven grueling days of being stuck at this phase of the pregnancy. It is this week where everything went from great to terrifying when I was pregnant with Joseph. My heart tells me all is well, no issues and no worries. However...my brain won't let the past be the past. It causes me some anxiety, some emotional moments and just plain fear. I want sooo badly to make it to March 11th, my scheduled C section. I already can't believe it's around the corner, but to have everything go as according to plan as possible...that would be awesome.

I truly can't wait to meet our precious baby Melanie. I just know she is the final piece of our family puzzle. My girls love the movie "Saturday's Warrior" and are always so happy when Jimmy helps his youngest sister Emily come to earth. I know without a doubt she is meant to be here and completes our happy home. She has such amazing older siblings to watch over, protect and teach her. Hailey is and has always been an AMAZING big sister. She is Megan's best friend and Joseph's guardian. She looks forward to having another sister and can't wait to help with her. Megan of course has the sweetest heart. She has such a tender nature and loves to take care of people. Joseph will teach her more than he will ever realize. His strength and courage will help guide her in so many situations. When I think of how blessed she will be to have these siblings, it brings tears to my eyes.

As we head into the final 3 weeks of this pregnancy naturally I feel happy and sad. Happy because as a woman who is not in control of her own body, I look forward to having it back. Sad because I know this is our final pregnancy adventure. I have tried my best to soak up all the moments...good and bad. I think of all 4 of them, so similar in so many ways...yet each one holds a special place in my heart. I am so blessed to be able to carry my own children under my heart for 9 months. Although this is the end of big bellies, back pain, baby kicks and months of doctor appointments...its the beginning of a whole new phase of our lives. We will raise our 4 children together as a couple and side by side with the gospel as our guide. We are so blessed!

May the next week bring peace and courage to my heart and mind. Come on baby girl...we can endure to the end! Or at least until March 11th! :)

No comments: