Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Doctors upon Doctors...

So today Joseph had 3 appointments. Poor little guy. First up was his follow up with the surgeon who inserted his G-tube. All went well. He said he will fit him next week for the "button" which will allow us to bathe him submerged in water. It also wont have the 6 inch tubing hanging from his tummy. Over all...a much better experience for everyone. Next was Speech Therapy. They work with him on bottle feeding. He did GREAT. I now have the okay to feed him 20 CC's of formula twice a day. Eventually we will work up to his full feedings of 2 ounces (60 CC's). And last was Physical Therapy. They just do some stretching with his arms and legs, tummy time, and just over all stimulating him. He tolerated that well. He starts to get annoyed with them after the first 30 minutes. Who can blame him? In total I was gone to appointments from 1 pm until 5 pm. It was a long day, but worth it for my little man.

Today he weighed 8 lbs 8 oz. He has now officially doubled his birth weight! He was born weighing 4lbs 7 oz. He is even starting to look a little chunky! Nothing major by any means, but you can see a little pudge in his cheeks. He is still in Newborn diapers but steadily growing into them. At 2 1/2 months he has come such a long way. He has made great strides and shows us every day he is a true fighter. He knows what he wants and works very hard for it. I am enjoying every moment with him. I have even graduated into sleeping without his night light. I have a bad habit of leaving it on so that at any point during the night I can look over and see him sleeping. I feel comfortable now with him sleeping in the dark. YAY for us! Anyway, that's about all for today. More updates and comments to come.

No comments: