Saturday, September 27, 2008

Let's Catch Up..

So, its been a while since I last wrote, but its been a little nuts around here. The illnesses I believe are nearly done. Megan started with the same fever deal 2 nights ago, but seems fine this morning. Now, they just have that allergy congestion. Ugh!

Joseph has been doing really well. Not to long ago they did another swallow study on him. They said he was still aspirating a little bit with the thin liquids but doing great with the thicker liquids. They still wanted to continue his speech therapy ( working with a bottle). I got a call from a different medical office saying they could work with him from home!! So, she came out to do an evaluation. She called me yesterday and said "Mrs. Fling, after my evaluation of Joseph I am not going to qualify him for home health." I said "What?? Why?? Its so much easier to do it this way than for me to drive 30 min to the other office for the same treatment" She said "Its not because I don't want to, but I don't think he needs it. When I watched him drink his bottle, he did it perfectly. I really think that the thick liquids works wonders for him right now and I just don't see why he needs speech therapy. If things change in the future when its time for him to spoon feed, call me back and I would be glad to come back out." THIS was GREAT news. Now I have a second opinion which mirrors my own to take to the current people he is with and say "NOW, tell me that he REALLY needs this, or discharge him from this service." I really hope they say the same thing.

The last big topic was what happened to my neighbors a couple days ago. There is a large family that lives next to us and its a combination of adults, teens and 3 small children. Well, these people let the smallest children hang out in the front yard ALONE several times week. The other day the teen mother was screaming and running up and down the street crying. She went to another neighbors house begging for any information she could get. Apparently, he son had been kidnapped. I found out about this while I was at work. Joe was home with our kids. I called him the second I found out and told him they are not allowed outside, PERIOD. He told me as long as he was out there to let them play. I said "Joe, if there is someone out there stealing children, I don't want them to see ours, to even know they exist." He agreed and the kids were kept inside for the day. Luckily, by the time I got home, the little boy had been returned. It seems a family friend of theirs who had a grudge saw an opportunity to take one of the children, and did. They were arrested. This makes me feel better knowing it was someone they knew and not just a random person, but still. Kidnapping is Kidnapping!

So that's it, nothing more to report. The kids and I are going to the fair today. I'm taking Hailey and Megan with me. I think they will have a blast. I'm kinda exited myself. I don't remember the last time I was at the fair. :)

1 comment:

Terri said...

I am glad you all seem to be on the mend. Also that is wonderful about Joseph!

Scary about the kidnapping but like you said it was good that it was someone they knew instead of someone who would never return the child. What an idiot though!