Sunday, August 31, 2008

Long Weekend...

In a good way! We have been looking forward to this weekend for a while now. Not that we have anything significant planned, but any time you get 3 days in a row...its awesome! Hailey did so good in her first week of school. She had some trouble with talking in class and not following directions, but show me one 5 yr old that does it 100% and I will owe you money! She really likes her teacher and works hard to please her. I already see her behavior at home improving. :)

Megan misses her big sister during the day. The BFF she has known since birth is gone nearly all day long. She is adjusting though. She asks how Hailey is doing and when she is coming back. The good thing is that she understands she IS coming back. So, she spends her time helping my mom take care of Joseph and her cousin. She is very maternal!

Joseph is still doing great. We have not used his G-tube (other than for medicine) in over a week! He has slept through the night for 4 nights in a row now! Its great! It makes my early mornings and full days of work much easier to deal with. He is talking and smiling so much more now. And his appetite is none other than a duplicate of his father. The boy always wants to eat!! Its times like this where I don't miss nursing. I would have loved the chance to nurse him but for those of you who nurse...you know what I mean when they always want to be right there at your boob! He has several checkups in the beginning of Sept. I will update when we know more.

For our Holiday tomorrow we are taking the kids to the Zoo. I for one am very excited. I love the Zoo!! Its been a little while since we were there last and the girls are looking forward to it. We are going to take Joseph too. :) He will have his first real outing tomorrow. We are taking my sister and her daughter too. It should be a fun day.

Last but not least...the Twilight series. I am still very much involved. I am just under half way done with the final book. So far I'm really loving it! In fact, after I get the kids into bed, my plan is to dig right back into it! I cant wait to find out what happens next!

1 comment:

Terri said...

Aww I am so glad she did well her first week. Makayla is just starting out this week and I have cried both days. Cohen could care less about Makayla being gone. He has all of mommy when she is gone. I am glad you are liking the book series. It is a great ending to the book.